The Capital Pride Alliance is the producer of the annual Celebration of Pride In The Nation’s Capital for the national capital region’s LGBTA community and partners. Each June, Capital Pride presents nearly two weeks of events to celebrate the diversity of the national capital region’s LGBTA community, including the Pride Parade, Festival,and Concert. In addition, Capital Pride produces a wide range of educational, entertainment, and community events to celebrate the community throughout the year.
The individual selected will be responsible for managing marketing, advertising, communications, promotional activities, and a volunteer team at the Capital Pride Alliance. The person must take steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of the organization through various goals and objectives. The Marketing Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Work with staff and volunteers to create an effective marketing strategy and plan to include use of all relevant social media platforms, print media, digital marketing, web management, and strategic partnerships;
- Design marketing campaigns to increase attendance at Capital Pride events;
- Design marketing campaigns to increase engagement on all Capital Pride social media channels and website;
- Coordinate monthly and targeted email blasts;
- Work with leadership to establish strategic partnerships that further the mission and expand the reach of Capital Pride;
- Assist in recruitment of volunteers, and establish networking opportunities;
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing and communications materials;
- Coordinate the design of print ads and publications;
- Ensure brand messages are consistent across all media platforms;
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization;
- Develop and lead a marketing team, comprised primarily of volunteers, who will execute new concepts, marketing strategies, and outreach efforts;
- Track the effectiveness of marketing efforts and make adjustments for improvement accordingly;
- Analyze marketing efforts on an ongoing basis and generate reports to key stakeholders;
- Participate in regular staff meetings, and meetings of the Board of Directors as directed;
- Work collaboratively with other staff, leadership, and volunteers under the direction of the Executive Director.
- College degree required;
- A least two years of relevant marketing/communications experience required (three years of progressive marketing/communications responsibility preferred);
- Strong copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Possess strong analytic, problem solving, and project planning/management skills;
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with limited supervision and have the ability to exercise independent judgment and discern priorities;
- Experience working with volunteer leadership;
- Ability to travel and represent organization at events;
- Possess strong technical skills related to facets of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and familiar with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.;
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required;
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, Capital Pride Alliance’s mission and goals.
This is a contracted position based in Washington, DC. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
It is the policy of the Capital Pride Alliance, Inc. not to engage in discrimination against, or harassment of any person who is employed by or is seeking either employment, membership, partnership, or volunteer status with the Alliance on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran.
This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion, and separation. This policy is intended to be consistent with all applicable State and Federal discrimination laws.
Interested individuals should send the following to [email protected] by December 7, 2015, at 5:00 PM (EDT).
- Current resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples
- Two examples of recent campaigns you’ve led.
Click here to download job description.