The Capital Pride Alliance, located in Washington, DC, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the needs of the LGBTA community and its partners through educational events, entertainment, community outreach, and celebrations of diversity throughout the year. Each June, Capital Pride produces the annual Celebration of Pride in the Nation’s Capital, one of the largest Pride celebrations in the country, which includes the Pride Parade, Festival, and Concert.
This is an annual contracted position that will be primarily responsible for managing events for the annual Pride Celebration in Washington, DC. This position involves event coordination, volunteer management and administrative responsibilities. The Events Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Work with staff and volunteers to create effective event project plans;
- Organize and maintain all production documents, and ensure proper communication to all levels of the event production teams;
- Update and maintain event processes, procedures, and training guides for all official Capital Pride events;
- Establish and compile comprehensive post-event assessments for all official Capital Pride events;
- Work with leadership to establish strategic event partnerships that further the mission and expand the reach of Capital Pride;
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain a comprehensive year-long volunteer program that supports all official Capital Pride events and designated partner events;
- Participate in regular staff meetings, and meetings of the Board of Directors as directed;
- Work collaboratively with other staff, leadership, and volunteers under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required;
- A least two years of relevant event planning/management experience;
- Possess strong analytic, problem solving, and project planning/management skills;
- Ability to lead complex, large scale events and group activities;
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with limited supervision and have the ability to exercise independent judgment and discern priorities;
- Experience working with volunteer leadership;
- Ability to travel and represent organization at events;
- Possess strong technical skills related to productivity platforms, online services and databases, including the Microsoft Office Suite, Showclix (or similar ticketing solutions), Salesforce (or similar customer relation management systems);
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required;
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, Capital Pride Alliance’s mission and goals.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
This is a contracted position based in Washington, DC. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
It is the policy of the Capital Pride Alliance, Inc. not to engage in discrimination against, or harassment of any person who is employed by or is seeking either employment, membership, partnership, or volunteer status with the Alliance on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran.
This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion, and separation. This policy is intended to be consistent with all applicable State and Federal discrimination laws.
Interested individuals should send the following to email@example.com by December 23, 2016, at 5:00 PM (EDT).
- Current resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples
- Two examples of recent events that you have managed.
Download and print. (PDF)