Vishwas Pethe on "Gay Crow: A Memoir"
Author Vishwas Pethe discusses his memoir. One of the original Grindr developers and the first Indian American to survive an HIV infection, Pethe describes the technique he uses to stay alive in his memoir.
Doctors gave Vishwas one year to live–every year for twenty years. Six times it looked as though death was imminent, but his unflappable spirit helped him overcome incredible odds. Despite living with HIV/AIDS for thirty-five years, he has led an extraordinary life by every measure; from world travels to his 30-year marriage with a former Catholic priest to being one of the original developers of Grindr.
Ten years after AIDS became survivable (thanks to antiretroviral drugs), Vishwas faced a whole new life-threatening challenge. Listen in as he shares his life in intimate detail with his psychologist (and with us) in this unique memoir.
Copies of “Gay Crow: A Memoir” are available to borrow from PGCMLS.info.
Please be advised that the status, location, or format of this event may change based on COVID-19 pandemic conditions. Please visit this page prior to traveling to the branch/venue for the program.
- Face masks and physical distancing are required for all participants over the age of 2.
- Please register via the link on this page or by calling (240) 455-5451 to show interest and to receive event updates.
- Registration does not guarantee admission.
- Participation is permitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Capacity limits may apply.
Tenga en cuenta que el estado, ubicación, o formato de este evento puede cambiar dependiendo de las condiciones de la pandemia COVID-19. Por favor, visite esta página antes de ir a la sucursal/lugar para el programa.
- Máscaras y distancia social se requieren para todos los participantes mayores de dos años.
- Por favor regístrese por medio del enlace en esta página o llame al (240) 455-5451 para demostrar su interés y recibir las últimas noticias.
- La registración no garantiza su admisión.
- La participación se permite por orden de llegada.
- Podrá aplicarse límites de capacidad.