Annual Family Picnic at Hillwood Estate
In the event of rain, everything will be moved inside.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER directly on Hillwood’s Site
One of Rainbow Families Most Treasured Events For 14 Years
Connect with other LGBTQ+ families at the historic Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens’ gorgeous urban oasis. This event is open to all – members, families, allies.
Festivities scheduled to include:
- Pack a picnic from home or purchase food from Merriweather To Go to enjoy outdoors on Hillwood’s spacious Lunar Lawn
- Play games on the lawn, such as hula hoop, ring toss, and jump rope
- Practice your putt on the Putting Green
- Create an art project to take home
- Explore the special exhibition Grace of Monaco: Princess in Dior
- Arrive by 12 noon to join Rainbow Families for welcoming remarks and activities. Hillwood remains open until 5 p.m. You are welcome to stay and enjoy all the estate has to offer.
- Please bring your own picnic blankets for seating on the lawn. Visitors may wish to bring bug spray. Hillwood’s liquor license does not allow patrons to bring in outside alcohol. Food and drinks, including beer and wine, will be available from Merriweather To Go.
- Click here to see how Hillwood is following the latest health and safety guidance.
- This is rain or shine. In the event of rain, picnicking will take place under the shelter of the tent in the C.W. Post Courtyard and the art project will take place indoors
- Registrations (on the Hillwood link) are between you and Hillwood, however you agree to Rainbow Families standard rules & terms