Staging: 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
- 15th Street between Massachusetts Avenue and T Street NW
- Contingents will assigned a color zone and timeframe to arrive.
- Enter 15th Street from Massachusetts Avenue
Contingents will be assigned a staging color zone and time. The line-up is first-come, first-serve within each staging zone and time. Please note that Capital Pride staging marshals will curate groups, as they move into the Red zone.
- Only vehicles, floats, and one person if you are just walking, are required to arrive within your designated arrival time to claim your spot.
- It is estimated that it will take approximately 2-hours for all contingents to depart the staging area, after the start of the Parade.
- Due to the potential of extreme heat, we encourage walkers to stay away from the staging area until close to their estimated departure time.
- The Parade ends on P Street at 21st Street NW
- Floats proceed west on P Street. You may pull over for 5 minutes to become road ready, then must proceed on and follow traffic signals.
- Vehicles proceed west on P Street, or may turn left onto 21st Street NW. You must follow traffic signs and signals.
- Walkers may turn right or left on 21st Street NW
- Floats must have safety rails installed.
- Floats can be no taller than 13′ from the ground to avoid trees along the route. Floats should be no longer than 42′ in length.
- Drive safely and observe all parade officials and police.
- Maintain parade speed and stay within 20′ of the contingent in front of you.
- No stopping for performances.
- Sirens are NOT permitted.
- Gently toss giveaways, do NOT throw them.*
- Review all Parade Terms & Conditions
*Capital Pride discourages plastic beads and disposable water bottles as throwables. These plastic products have been shown to cause serious harm to marine ecosystems and have clogged DC street drains. While planning your organization’s parade contingent, be mindful of the environmental impacts of the materials you are using and distributing.
- ACE HARDWARE – www.acehardwaredc.com – Mention Capital Pride for 10% off your order
- ANDERSON’S – www.andersons.com
- BALLROOM BALLOONS – www.ballroomballoons.com
- BASECAMP (Design, Print & Ship) – www.basecampdc.com – Conveniently located at 18th and T Streets, NW
- BEST FLAG – www.bestflag.com
- ORIENTAL TRADING – www.orientaltrading.com
- PARADE FLOAT RENTALS – www.paradefloatrentals.com (SOLD OUT)
- PARTY CITY – www.partycity.com
- PEDI-CABS: www.NationalPedicabs.com
- PRIDE PALACE – www.pridepalace.lgbt
- UNITED METRO GOLF CART – Danny@golfcartrentals.com (301-372-1500)
- ZIPCAR – www.zipcar.com (convertibles, trucks and vans)