Staging: 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
- 15th Street between Massachusetts Avenue and T Street NW
- Contingents will assigned a color zone and timeframe to arrive.
- Enter 15th Street from Massachusetts Avenue
Contingents will be assigned a staging color zone and time. The line-up is first-come, first-serve within each staging zone and time. Please note that Capital Pride staging marshals will curate groups, as they move into the Red zone.
- Only vehicles, floats, and one person if you are just walking, are required to arrive within your designated arrival time to claim your spot.
- It is estimated that it will take approximately 2-hours for all contingents to depart the staging area, after the start of the Parade.
- Due to the potential of extreme heat, we encourage walkers to stay away from the staging area until closer to the start of the Parade.
- Once the Parade has begun, the only way for walkers to enter staging without crossing the Parade route, will be from U Street NW at 15th Street NW, or from 16th Street at any of the cross streets.
- Red- 11am
- Orange- 11:30am
- Yellow- 12noon
- Green- 12:30pm
- Blue- 1pm
- Purple- 1:30pm
- The Parade ends on P Street at 21st Street NW
- Floats proceed west on P Street. You may pull over for 5 minutes to become road ready, then must proceed on and follow traffic signals.
- Vehicles proceed west on P Street, or may turn left onto 21st Street NW. You must follow traffic signs and signals.
- Walkers may turn right or left on 21st Street NW
- Floats must have safety rails installed.
- Floats can be no taller than 13′ from the ground to avoid trees along the route. Floats should be no longer than 42′ in length.
- Drive safely and observe all parade officials and police.
- Maintain parade speed and stay within 20′ of the contingent in front of you.
- No stopping for performances.
- Sirens are NOT permitted.
- Gently toss giveaways, do NOT throw them.*
- Review all Parade Terms & Conditions
*Capital Pride discourages plastic beads and disposable water bottles as throwables. These plastic products have been shown to cause serious harm to marine ecosystems and have clogged DC street drains. While planning your organization’s parade contingent, be mindful of the environmental impacts of the materials you are using and distributing.
- ACE HARDWARE – www.acehardwaredc.com
- ANDERSON’S – www.andersons.com
- BALLROOM BALLOONS – www.ballroomballoons.com
- BASECAMP (Design, Print & Ship) – www.basecampdc.com – Conveniently located at 18th and T Streets, NW
- BEST FLAG – www.bestflag.com
- ORIENTAL TRADING – www.orientaltrading.com
- PARADE FLOAT RENTALS – www.paradefloatrentals.com (SOLD OUT)
- PARTY CITY – www.partycity.com
- PEDI-CABS: www.NationalPedicabs.com
- PRIDE PALACE – www.pridepalace.lgbt
- UNITED METRO GOLF CART – Danny@golfcartrentals.com (301-372-1500)
- ZIPCAR – www.zipcar.com (convertibles, trucks and vans)
Capital Pride 2022 will be hosting our parade contingent and festival exhibitor orientation at the marvelous Hotel Monaco located at 700 F Street, WDC 20004 on Wednesday, May 25th. You may join in person or through Microsoft Teams.
This will be a hybrid event and we ask that everyone attending register! For folx in person, be prepared to wear your mask. We will also have light refreshments. Below you’ll find the schedule for the evening. *Note that if you are not participating in both events, you do not need to sit through that part of the orientation. Everyone is required at the general registrant information portion.
- 6:30 – 7:00pm: Check-In (In person only)
- 7:00pm- 7:30pm: Festival Orientation
- 7:30pm- 8:00pm: General Registrant Information
- 8:00pm – 8:30pm: Parade Orientation
In unable to attend, please register to participate virtually, by clicking here.
Certificate of Insurance (COI)
To comply with city requirements, all registered organizations must provide a copy of their COI, naming the Capital Pride Alliance, Inc. as an additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000 for the date/s of your participation (June 11, 2022 and/or June 12, 2022). The COI must be uploaded in a PDF format on the registration application. Should you not have a copy of your COI available when registering, you may submit your registration, but must provide the COI within 30 days after submission or your registration application will be cancelled. For insurance purposes:
Capital Pride Alliance, Inc.
2000 14th Street NW STE 105
Washington, D.C. 20009
Pride Parade, June 11, 2022, and/or Pride Festival, June 12, 2022
If your organization already has insurance, you should be able to simply ask your insurance agent to prepare the necessary documentation.
*For the Parade, groups that are marching only, do not need to provide a COI. An online liability and waiver form will be provided after June 1 to the group’s primary contact, to have the individuals marching with them sign.
In Need of Insurance?
If you do not have this coverage in place, we have made arrangements for all of our Festival Exhibitors to acquire this coverage at significant savings by purchasing as part of a group. Please click here, complete a short questionnaire, process your payment online, print your Confirmation of Coverage, and you will obtain this coverage for $65 plus any applicable state tax.