Instructions and Resources for CONFIRMED Exhibitors
Exhibitor Space & Times
The Capital Pride Festival provides your organization or business a great opportunity to engage the largest and most diverse audience in the national Capital Region. It also provides a one of a kind backdrop on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the U.S. Capitol.
- Each exhibit space is tented and measures 10’x10’x8’ and comes with one table and two chairs (electrical power is an additional charge). Space is extremely tight and there are neighbors on both sides of exhibits, so vendors must remain within the 10’x10’ booth footprint. If additional space is required, either rent an additional booth or upgrade to premium placement, which provides an additional 10’x10’ (not tented) space adjacent to the tented space.
- Exhibitors may begin set-up as early as 9am, Sunday morning. Do not arrive before 9am, as the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) will not permit vehicle access onto the site due to the continued work of the festival contractors. (There was a large traffic back up on 7th Street last year and MPD made vendors drive around the block until the site was ready at 9am.)
- Food Vendors may begin set-up a early as 8:30am.
- Vehicles onsite are for 5 minutes unloading only. All cars must be off the Festival site by 10:30am and be finished with set-up by noon.
- Festival exhibiting ends at 7pm. [Note: The Capitol Stage at 3rd Street will continue until 10pm.] Exhibitors may begin breakdown at 7pm; however, vehicles may not be allowed on Pennsylvania Avenue until as late as 9pm. The decision to allow vehicles is at MPD’s discretion; Capital Pride management cannot influence the decision, which is a safety and security issue.
FOOD VENDOR REQUIREMENTS
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All food vendors are required to submit COI naming Capital Pride Alliance as additional insured. Failure to provide your COI by June 1, is grounds for removal from the festival.
If you would like to purchase ice for your food booth, visit the link above for pricing and instructions. June 3 is the last day to pre-order ice at the discounted price. If available onsite, ice is charged at double the rate (due to limited quantities).
PROPANE OR OPEN FLAME PERMIT: https://dcwebforms.dc.gov/fems/permit1/
All vendors using propane or open flame are required to obtain a permit from DC Fire. Click on the link above and select Permit in the first box; Propane Use – Special Event or Open Flame in the second box. Contact Lt. Barnes at email@example.com with any questions. Vendors cannot purchase permits onsite and will not be allowed to use propane or open flame without the permit.
SALES TAX: https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/page/special-events
All vendors are required to file and submit payment for all sales generated at the event.
Capital Pride is Recommitting to Sustainability
Organizers and participants of Capital Pride are, together, taking concrete, achievable steps toward reducing and eliminating harmful environmental impacts from the events. This is an important step in laying the foundation for more impactful and incremental improvements over the coming years.
Be in compliance. Click here for the Capital Pride Sustainability Guide.
Festival Exhibitor Information
2019 Festival Exhibitor Placement will be posted after May 29
- Festival Registrant Packet (for a pleasant festival experience, download this packet and refer to it often)
- Festival Vendor Traffic Pattern (Print this map to view your access point to enter the festival site)
- Festival Orientation Presentation Missed the orientation? Check out this guide to get the 411
- Resources for Registrants (support local businesses)
Food Vendor Information (action required by May 19)
- Confirmed Registrant Food Vendor 2019 Packet
- ICE SALES: (Use the link provided in your email.)
- PROPANE PERMIT: https://dcwebforms.dc.gov/fems/permit1/
- CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SALES TAX: DC Special Event sales tax forms
Department of Health Requirements
DOE Sustainability Requirements
- NEW FOOD SERVICE PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- DOE Food Service Ware Requirements
- Sustainability Goods Vendor List