Middle Grades Queer Book Club!
Calling all daydreamers, fantasy lovers, fiction adventurers, and comic extraordinaires! SMYAL is starting a new book club, full of diverse LGBTQ+ stories.
This is a hybrid event: For those who can, we invite you to join us at SMYAL’s space at 410 7th St SE in Washington DC. If you can’t make it in person, you can also join online via zoom!
—>What book are we reading?!?! Good question! Help us decide!! Fill out this poll by April 13th.
We’re starting out once a month, but may switch to twice a month if there’s interest. For now, we’ll meet on the fourth Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30.
- Registration is required. Sessions will be capped at 10 youth to allow for COVID safe practices and deeper conversations
- Zoom links to join virtually will be sent the day before
- In person, masks are required, for everyone vaccinated and unvaccinated
- As weather permits, we will use SMYAL’s outside back patio
- All visitors must enter SMYAL from the left front door, sign in on the iPad, and answer COVID-related questions before proceeding to the programming space (SMYAL’s Full COVID Guidelines)
We welcome everyone who identifies as LGBTQIA+ or gender nonconforming, and those who are exploring or questioning their identities. The suggested ages for this group is ages 10-13.
If it is your first time registering for Little SMYALs, we also ask that you submit our LITTLE SMYALS YOUTH INTAKE FORM.