Grief & Loss in Family Building Support Group
Rainbow Families continues our Support Group for those in the LGBTQ+ community who have experienced grief and loss as part of their family building journey. The aim of the group is to create a safe and comfortable space to share stories, resources and healing. These are peer-based groups and not to be considered a replacement for therapy or counseling.
Summer 2022 Dates: April 19, May 17, June 21
Sessions are Virtual – Available Nationwide – Rainbow Families Membership Not Required
Experiences of grief and loss can include, but are not limited to:
- Pregnancy losses (including: miscarriage/stillbirth/infant loss/termination for medical reasons)
- Failure of eggs to fertilize/embryo(s) to make to it to blastocyst stage (day 5)
- Failure of transferred embryo to implant
- Interrupted GC cycles or GC involving loss
- Interrupted/failed donor cycle (egg, sperm or embryo)
- Adoption falling through
- Birth mother changing her mind
- Foster child returned to their family of origin
Space is limited to help maintain a sense of privacy, intimacy and safety to interact. We ask that participants join all 3 sessions.
Thanks to the generosity of Leidos Corporation, registration fees for this Support Group are covered.
There is no charge.