DCIFF High School Film Festival
About this event
Catch the buzz of on-site awards with judges from the film industry, get an edge by learning from industry insiders and our keynote speaker about what it’s like to work in the media world, learn about internships and meet people you could make you next films with.
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 1- 6 PM ET
Location: Miracle Theater, 535 8th St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Register and more information here: https://dciff-indie.org/hs-film-competition-feb-26/
1:00 – 3:00 pm: Film Screenings and Q&A
3:15 – 3:45 pm: What it Takes to Create A Web Series, with Anthony Anderson, creator/director/writer/actor of the Emmy Award-winning Anacostia, a soap opera web series running since October 15, 2009 on YouTube and available on Amazon Prime since 2018. The series follows the complex relationships and challenges of the residents of a historic Washington, DC neighborhood.
3:45 – 4:15 pm: All About Cameras
4:30 – 5:15 pm: Judging and Awards
5:15 – 6:00pm: Eats and DCIFF HS2022 TikTok Creations
- Behind The Bathroom Door directed by Elizaveta (Lisa) Krestianinova (USA)
- Hunter directed by Michelle Tang (USA)
- I have a Dream, A Movie Dream directed by ShiJie Weng (Spain)
- One Last Entry directed by Rex Svensson (Sweden)
- Taste of Adrenaline director Isharee Williams (USA)
- The Barn & The Birdhouse directed by Casey Lockledge, Jack Malin & Murray Susen (USA / 2021 / 5mins.) Even new relationships can be complicated.
- The Summer Field directed by Jiayang Liu (USA)
- The Lonely Woods directed by Alex Coleman (Canada)
- The Secret Society directed by Ethan Norman (USA)
- The Cleansing Spirit directed by Cole Konstance, Otto Tyler, Drew Cook, and Ani Eagan (USA)
- Til Death Do Us Part directed by Elijah Sylvester-Johnson, Reese Robers, James Lee, Kent Turner, and Reagan Davis (USA )