SUPPORT PRIDE IN THE NATION’S CAPITAL WITH A YEAR-END TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION!
It’s a teenager’s first Pride. A family will discover new gay-friendly businesses. An “outsider” will find community. A group of friends will come closer by making Pride an annual tradition. An ally will show that everyone can have Pride. Your important financial support with a year-end tax deductible donation through the Pride & Joy giving campaign will make Pride in the Nation’s Capital possible for these and for hundreds of thousands of others who will join us in 2016.
The momentum and excitement for Pride in the Nation’s Capital is growing stronger every year as more people travel to our destination celebration. It’s always someone’s first Pride, and because of generous contributions from people like you, Washington, DC hosts one of the largest and best Pride events in the world! We are a beacon of hope for communities near and far, and with your support, we will continue to bring more people together to celebrate who they are, what they believe in, and how they can continue to make a difference.
We’ve come a long way in 40 years. But Pride celebrations are more important than ever! As landmark wins for equality continue to occur, remaining vocal, visible and vibrant helps drive our positive momentum. Indeed, even as LGBT Americans have made a great deal of progress on many fronts, other areas lag behind. Although same-sex couples now have many of the legal benefits afforded by marriage, there are still states where LGBT citizens could face discrimination at work, home, school, and elsewhere.
Your donation, in any amount, will help us pay for needed equipment and permit expenses. At every level your financial support will help us pay for world-class entertainment, enhanced activities, and provide an overall high-value Pride experience for hundreds of thousands of people coming from near and far each year. Your donation will also support the hundreds of volunteers who make our celebration possible. Thank you for your support and for making Pride in the Nation’s Capital possible!
Below are just a few ways you can support.
- Keep the Festival Free
- When combined with gifts from hundreds and thousands of others, your $20 donation will help keep the annual Pride Festival and other events, such as the Outdoor Movie Series, free to attend for everyone!
- Become a 40th Fanatic
- Help support the special events and activities designed specifically for the 40th Celebration of Pride in the Nation’s Capital.
- Support our Non-Profit Pride Partners
- Help us keep our registration prices affordable for our non-profit Pride Partners!
- Support Your Volunteers
- Your donation will provide 100 Parade & Festival volunteers with food & water.
- Support the Pride Parade
- Your donation will help with major equipment expenses and permits for the annual Pride Parade, keeping costs down for participants!
- Support the Pride Parade and Festival
- In addition to supporting the Pride Parade, your $1,000 donation will help with expenses and permits for the Festival, keeping costs down for participants!
- Support Have Pride 365
- In addition to supporting the Pride Parade & Festival, your $1,000+ donation will assist with other Capital Pride events including: Pride Reveal, Trans Pride, Outdoor Movie Series, and Holiday Heatwave!
Capital Pride/Capital Pride Alliance, Inc. is recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service, and is a non-profit organization incorporated in the District of Columbia. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Capital Pride Alliance, Inc. Tax ID# 26-1763254.