Info for Groups Marching in the Pride Parade
The annual Pride Parade steps off Saturday, June 10, at 4:30 pm, from 21st & P Streets, NW, Washington, DC. It travels 1.5 miles through Dupont Circle and 17th Street, passes by the Logan Circle neighborhood and ends around the 14th Street corridor at S Street. The staging area is in the West End, west of Dupont Circle. Please note, there are 7 staging streets and each street is accessed from a different street. Pay attention to your contingent lineup information when you receive it next month.
Contingents will be provided a line-up time after June 3. Line-ups begin as early as 12pm; the last lineup time for all vehicles is 4pm. You will not be granted access to your lineup street before your assigned time so please do not arrive early.
NOTICE: Only vehicles are required to show up during your lineup time. Walkers will have a different line-up time between 4pm and 6pm. While the parade kicks off at 4:30pm, it takes more than 2-hours for all contingents to depart the staging area. Due to extreme heat, we encourage walkers to stay away from the staging area until close to their estimated departure time. Again, these times will be provided to all contingents after June 3.
If your contingent is ‘walking only’ (no vehicle), at least one person from your group must show up at your arrival time to reserve your space in the lineup.
- The parade is near capacity (as of May 1). Due to municipal regulations, the number of participant organizations is limited.
- When registration closes, a wait list will be set up for organizations that wish to participate. You should expect to know if you’re able to register by June 1st.
- An optional parade contingent training & orientation will be held on May 31 at 7:00pm at The Carnegie Library, 801 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001.
We are still finalizing the Parade Lineup. Your patience is appreciated as we plan for an empowering weekend. Information should be emailed by Monday, June 5th.
*ALL FLOATS MUST HAVE SAFETY RAILS INSTALLED.
- ACE HARDWARE –www.acehardwaredc.com – Mention Capital Pride for 10% off your order
- BASECAMP (Design, Print & Ship) –www.basecampdc.com – Conveniently located at 18th and T Streets, NW
- Union Station Parking Garage –$75 per day; reservations at: email@example.com